Here is the first piece I was working on this weekend. I really am pleased with how it turned out. It is now a framed chalkboard with key hooks, label areas, and cubbies. What was it? A mirror.
It was a stained wood framed mirror with mars, scratches and chips. Too me it looked dated.
So I sprayed the mirror with chalkboard paint. Then I spray painted the hooks an oil-rubbed bronze to bring them back to life.
I sanded the varnish off and then primed and painted the wood. I chose an off-white tinted with blue. Partly because I had that paint, but I didn’t want a stark white. I finished it off with a light poly spray to protect it some but I didn’t want it to be shiny. I was going to distress it, but this piece is for sale and around my area, distressing hasn’t caught on as well. I really like how it turned out, and if I had room for it I would keep it. So here is another look.