Happy New Year. It is here, 2012. It does not matter if you say twenty twelve or two thousand twelve, the new year is here. It is a clean slate, a new calendar, a fresh start for each and every one of us.
Now I don’t normally make new year’s resolutions, but I did write few goals to guide me this year in a few areas. Some are overall general goals and a couple of them are specific. They are goals that I hope will guide me to get a lot done in my hobbies and passions over the next twelve months.
I am not including anything in the areas of my faith, my relationships, my home or homeschooling since that isn’t what this blog is about. I am including a couple of basic health goals though since a goal list just doesn’t seem complete without a health goal.
- Get to 100 items listed in my Etsy Shop by January 31 and keep over 100 items for the entire year.
- Keep my storage area organized and my inventory spreadsheet up to date.
- Ship all purchased items within two business days. Write a short personal note to every customer.
- Stop at least one thrift store, garage sale or auction sale every week.
- Upcycle or paint at least two items every month from April through September.
- Write a blog post 4-5 days a week.
- Update my blog design by mid year.
- Meet new blog friends; develop a support group of blog friends that enjoy junk, vintage items and upcycling.
- Work through Twelve each month. I do not expect to keep up and do everything that Ms. Julian has us do, but I do want to go through each lesson and create a minimum of two pages a month.
- Print photos out at least every quarter.
- Use my SMASH book as a place for 2012 bits and pieces. Complete at least 2 page spread a month.
- Do at least two mini albums. One of which is a December Traditions album.
- Take at least a few still life photos every month.
- Post at least two times during the month a Sunday Still Life Photo.
- Read 7 books a month or a minimum of 80 in 2012. I did this in 2011 and want to do it again. That includes those I read aloud to my kids.
- Continue to keep track of books read on Goodreads.
- Restart my 5 year journal and write in it daily.
- Walk 10,000 steps at least 6 days a week.
- Drink at least 5 glasses of water a day.
- Keep up with Move More, Eat Less. (The flu helped me start out the year 5 pounds down; not that it ever stays off, but I good positive boost, right?)
- Try 1 new healthy recipe a month.
If I happen to fall down on any of these goals, I do not give up. I pick myself back up and begin where I am.
This is probably will be an aggressive goal list, but if I can do a little on each one every day I hope to make great progress. Part of how I plan to do it is to continue to wake up every morning at 6:00 a.m. I have done that for 2.5 years now, and it has made so much difference in my attitude as well as what I get done in a day.
I would love to hear your goals or resolutions. Leave them in the comments or leave a link to your blog with your goals.